South African companies have a responsibility to meet regulations and requirements for hygiene and cleanliness. This entails sanitising and disinfecting your space on a regular basis and ensuring the safety of customers and patrons.
IWESCO is a certified essential service that offers disinfection, fogging and sanitisation solutions. Our highly-trained staff members have the correct personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as specialised tools to ensure that all offices, retail spaces and restaurants are suitably cleaned, disinfected and sanitised. We follow strict protocols with regard to hygiene and cleanliness.
While simple tasks such as wiping down surfaces and ensuring that your employees sanitise their hands often can be undertaken alone, a business may need the help of a professional cleaning company to effectively disinfect entire spaces. IWESCO uses thermal fogging machines to achieve this. If your business needs professionals sanitisation and hygiene services, here’s how to go about selecting the right company.
Not all disinfection providers are equal
Due to the recent need for disinfection services, many newcomers have arrived on the market. It is important to establish what experience and equipment a cleaning company has before hiring them to work on your business premises. The government has strict guidelines for disinfection and not all cleaning companies can meet these standards.
IWESCO holds numerous international certifications, such as ISO 14001 for environmental management, and implements Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems into all of our cleaning projects. In addition, we are a member of the National Contract Cleaners Association (NCCA), which means that we are dedicated to developing and setting high standards within the contract cleaning industry in South Africa.
Choose a cleaning provider that has the right equipment, protective gear and knowledge of disinfection services to ensure that you are not held liable for any spread of illness or germs. The safety of your customers and employees should be paramount. Ensure that you hire a reputable and professional business to carry out your disinfection and sanitisation needs.
Questions to ask your cleaning provider
In order to gauge whether or not your contract cleaning provider is able to effectively disinfect your business premises, there are a few questions that you should ask them:
1. How many years has the company been in the industry? This will allow you to establish their experience and judge their knowledge and understanding of cleaning, hygiene and disinfection.
2. What PPE does the cleaning team use? This will reveal how well equipped the cleaning team is, as well as how serious the cleaning company is about protecting their own staff and clients. It is also important to establish whether this PPE is used once and then disposed of, or whether the team uses the same PPE multiple times.
3. What specialist equipment does the cleaning team use? This will reveal how effective the results are likely to be. Standard equipment, such as mops and cloths will not result in a high-quality disinfection service. Equipment such as thermal fogging machines and specialised disinfection sprays will obtain a better result.
4. What training does the cleaning team undergo? This will show you what skills, knowledge and experience the disinfection team has. Training is a key component of any reputable contract cleaner’s business processes.
5. What certifications and accreditations does the cleaning company hold? Any national or international certifications, accreditations and association memberships can be an indication of a company’s commitment to standards, improvement and performance.
6. What disinfection chemicals are used in the process? This will tell you how effective the results are likely to be, as well as what impact a cleaning agent could have on the environment and people.
7. Does the company use a documentation system to track the performance of the job? This is an important question as it shows the level of detail that a cleaning company will use. A documentation system should also include all the required documentation for international and local standards to be met.
8. How long does the process take and when can people re-enter the premises? This will establish a timeline to complete the job and give you an idea of when your customers and employees can enter your space once again. A long process may be less convenient for you, but it is more thorough and the results are more effective.
Establishing answers to these questions will help you choose which company to hire. They will reveal which cleaning companies are reputable, professional and effective in their processes. Make sure that your cleaning provider takes all the necessary steps to ensure the safety of your customers and employees. For more information or to get a quote, please contact us today for an obligation-free assessment.
IWESCO offers specialised cleaning and waste control services to industrial and commercial customers in South Africa. These services are aimed at minimising our customers’ impact on the environment. Our services also include pest control, garden maintenance, fogging and disinfecting. Our staff are highly trained to offer the most professional services. IWESCO is a Level 2 B-BBEE supplier with ISO 14001 certification for environmental management.
We are a one-stop shop for all your contract cleaning and waste control needs and have a national footprint. Our head office is located in Tshwane but we can provide services to any industrial and commercial client in the major metropolitan areas around South Africa, including Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Mbombela and more.